I get asked all of the time why I drink beet juice regularly. I don’t claim to be an expert on nutrition, but as true to my blog I want to answer your questions openly and honestly with what works for me! I love the way beet juice tastes, however, HATE how beets in the raw taste. So for me, juicing the vegetable is what works best. When concocting my own beet juice I prefer to include 1 full beet, 1 apple, 2 carrots, lemon, and ginger. (ALWAYS ginger!!)
Here are some of the scientifically shown benefits to any beet root juice:
- Lowers blood pressure
- Helps with entire body blood circulation
- Full of powerful antioxidants
- High in Vitamin C – which is really all I need to hear to drink it, with the current flu season scare.
- Helps with absorption of iron.
- Anti aging! The Lycopene found in beets has been shown to keep your skin elastic and protect it from the sun!
For me, I notice a boost in energy, almost similar to a cup of coffee. Especially before a workout, I notice my stamina retaining longer than if I drink a cup of coffee pre workout. (Which I’ll be honest happens more than I would like to admit.) I also notice the anti inflammatory properties found in any veggie juice, such as any bloat I’m experiencing lessening.
I NEVER drink a beet juice in replacement of a meal, always as an addition or a snack.
Where to find beet juice: I will always say that juicing your own, is the best. However, as women on the go,, I know this isn’t always an option. Here are some of the locations I regularly purchase juice from:
- Whole Foods
- Pressed Juicery– store fronts in limited locations, but available for purchase online.
- ENJOY Pure Food + Drink (if you’re in the KC area,) I have found nothing that compares!
As always, let me know if you have any questions on different beet root recipes, or where to find a juice in your area- I would be happy to help!
Now, beet it!